Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1150G brake issue

Anichols ยท 2023-12-14 10:58

I have a 1999 1150G LT Case that I have owned since it was nearly new. I recently had to put a new rebuilt transmission in it and everything works well, but the stopping brake. I don't know any other way to describe it. All the brake disc are new and the pressures are correct. It steers just fine, right and left and the parking brake holds. It just won't stop on a hill. It will slow down, but you can stomp and pump on the center pedal, which is all 3 together, and it simply will not stop. We have adjusted and completely rebuilt the brake control valve under the dash and it either locks up completely or feels weak. We thought we had it right a few times, but after operating it for a few minutes its right back to the same old thing. I've tried to talk to Case, but they either are not willing or able to help me with this. If there's anyone out there that has any suggestions, I'm open to them. Thx and Merry Christmas.

Replies4
  1. #1alrman2023-12-15 16:38

    Welcome to HEF @Anichols 1) Does the machine hold on a hill with the park brake applied? 2) Does the machine hold on the hill with the engine off? This would indicate the brakes are working. If there is any leakage in the brake pistons this may affect braking performance. Maybe T into the brake actuating lines & compare the pressure with pedals down to the system operating pressure? Is each track neutralizing when the individual brakes are applied?

  2. #2Anichols2023-12-15 16:53

    I'll give that a try. Thx

  3. #3Anichols2023-12-16 21:54

    So, I did the brake test today. The parking brakes do hold on a hill, but the regular brakes will not. They do seem to do better going forward than in reverse. There is almost nothing in reverse. There is no leaking on the pistons. They were just rebuilt. I'm convinced that it is a linkage issue or the brake control valve box out of adjustment. You can loosen the bolts on that box ad it will change the brakes, but we can't ever get it just right or even make it stay where we set it.

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2023-12-18 20:27

    Do you have a way to pressurize the brake pistons at the brake housings to check the piston seals?