Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1150m

Magard · 2018-07-06 16:14

I am seriously considering buying one of these. Looking for reasons not too. I am a fire dozer contractor in California. I have a cat d6d right now. Hydrostatic drive is awesome in this line of work. The case dealer really wants to sell me a tractor to be in this segment of work. I’m thinking I can buy a new case for same money as a beat. Cat or a half wore out Deere. These tractors don’t get a lot of hours but they need to be reliable when they are working.

Replies4
  1. #1Timberking2018-07-07 06:06

    I love Case and won't buy or own anything but Case.... as a matter of fact I have owned 6 Case dozers not counting the Case 1150E dozer, Case w-14 loader & Case 580K hoe i currently own now... Case has proved what it needed too as far as I am concerned... With that said, all my machines have been older non computer controlled equipment ( 96' & older )...but that's also becouse this is what I preffer do to thier reliability and ease of repair... I can't speak for the 1150M's longigevity & reliability, but I have ran one and they are one sweet, comfortable & powerhouse of a machine.. I loved it... Perfect size if you ask me...

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2018-07-07 07:44

    One thing to remember though is the 1150 is more like the D5 so keep that in mind as far as hp and torque. But I don't think you will be disappointed with the Case they are good reliable machines.

  3. #3Magard2018-07-07 08:21

    I am looking for d5, John Deere 700 size machine. 700 John Deere is a popular machine in this line of work.

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2018-07-07 16:59

    You can't go wrong with the Case