Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1155e Torque Converter guage

ibjimmy13 ยท 2015-04-27 15:13

Just purchased a used 1991 Case 1155E track loader. None of the gauges worked correctly. I have everything replaced except the hour meter and torque converter gauge. Where is the best place to buy those 2 items on line. The dealer wants well over $100 for the temp gauge, and a local distributor wants $112 plus shipping. Surely I can find something less expensive that works?

Replies2
  1. #1GaryHoff2015-05-11 01:56

    Good luck finding something. You may find something close that will work, but may not have the same fit and finish as the oem. I would just google for the parts you want. Look for a Hobbs hour meter, and measure the torque gauge size to find a replacement. One thing to consider when buying online is the freight.

  2. #2lray1142015-05-11 23:08

    Is it the torque converter temp guage, or pressure gauge? If it's a temp guage, you can use a regular, manual water temp guage. If it's the pressure guage, look for one that will read at least 350 psi. Broken Tractor.com is a good aftermarket parts supply resource and I have bought numerous parts from them. I've had good luck with their parts. They don't have every part for that machine, but have most. When I had my 1155, I had to replace the trans pressure guage. I looked everywhere and couldn't find one with high enough psi, so I had to get one from the dealer. What sucked about the new guage was it was a generic guage, not the factory looking one.