Hi, I have a FL7B that will not turn to the right. it trun left great. Question from looking the parts book I can't tell( it's not clear to me) if it uses oil pressure to disengage the clutch or engage the clutch? (engage = pushing) It looks to me that the piston in the hub pushes the hub to the brake hub and engages the clutch ( to push). I had a problem about week ago the my supply line had a hole in it and I fix the problem and every thing work great. My thinking it that dirt made it into the line and into the control valve body. and now jam the flow valve for the right side to stay open to keep pressure on the clutch. I'm new to these machines and really to these big machines. I work on stuff and fix every I touch. So it make sense to apply pressure to engage. Please reply on any insite on these machines. one more thing I used the machine for another two hour after losting the right steering it still pushes great and turn to the left without problems. thank you for replys robert
It uses pressure to dis-engage the clutch not engage the clutch. So you are not receiving pressure when you try and turn and it could be a piece of dirt or a piece of old hose in the steering valve.
Hi Dirthog, So from the pump it's straight to the valves and oil is only directed to the filter when it's not being used to dis-engage the clutches.... I looked on the part book on what the pressure plate really looked like and try google it but could not find a picture of one for a fiat dozer. Thanks I'll pull some of those control valves plugs to see I can get to what ever is jamming it up, if I'm lucky. I was hoping that after a little more running it, it would work itself out. Robert