So i rented a case cx130 excavator for the week and it was running fine and had about 1/8 tank of fuel left so i was pulling it out to bring the truck over to fuel it up. I went over a small log and when the front of the tracks came down (with a slight jar, nothing bad by any means) the window (which was over my head) came staight down ONTO my head. (love rentals... ) So i quickly flipped that little safety leaver on by the left stick (that kills the controlls from working) just so that while messing with the window to get it back in the track i would bump the controls. So the excavator was still humming along at about 15%-20% throttle. then about 15 seconds into messing with the window it died. i mean dead, like i turned the key off. So just trying to solve one issue at a time i had to pull the two springs off the window to get it free to put it in. Once the window was in i turned my attention to my now dead CASE. I turned the key off and then tried to start it and NOTHING. not even a click. its like the batteries were disconnected. I'm completely dumb founded by this. anyone have any ideas about this? The only thing(s) i can think of is that the springs on the window or there is a low fuel kill switch. but there plenty of fuel, not a lot be definitely enough) and idk why the window springs would affect anything. but that's all that changed. :Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead Any ideas??
Welcome to HEF nskyline34. :drinkup It's a rental machine, not your problem to deal with, you need to call the renter about the machine died. I can assure you it has nothing to do with the cab glass spring. The engine puttering out is a problem they need to take care of.
I already did and he's supposed to be out tomorrow before I get off work. But I would like to get it fixed now so i can keep going... I just have NO CLUE what it could be? I do diesel trucks and hot rods. not heavy equipment! lol Still though any ideas about the issues?
The mechanic in me cant let it go! lol Plus, I know I did absolutely nothing wrong, but I feel bad that I broke it. I love heavy equipment and it cut my play time short! haha
Well, to run it down to 1/8 tank, I could say shame on you, only in that that can cause problems if you're not on level ground (which dirt machines commonly are not). That can lead to problems that are not related to rental company responsibility and becomes a really sticky issue when we [rental companies] want to have happy customers. However, you were on relatively flat ground, aside from the slight bump which should not been enough to cause problems in normal circumstances. Hopefully the rental wrench will figure it out in short order. But for future reference, equipment (and the terrain they work in) is in no way similar to diesel trucks and such, make sure there is plenty of fuel in the tank.
Would that cause it to go dead like that? All that would do is call for needing to be primed? Right? I mean I have no dash lights even, like NOTHIN? I know I know. I was working my way back to get fuel. Wanted to finish what I was doing. Oops :/
Like I said, it's the rental company problem, not yours. Unrelated, I'm only saying it's a bad habit to run a dirt machine down to 1/8 tank of fuel, that can cause problems not seen in trucks and similar "flat ground" machines.
Understood. What kind of issues?