---- DUPLICATE POSTED FROM THE CRAWLER LOADER FORUM---OK, I have another stupid question. On my Case 1450, am I supposed to check the trans fluid level sitting?, running? in gear? in neutral? . Back in the 90s when I ran this thing everyday I knew these things ,but, Its been so long and I've worked on so many other things, I just dont remember. Does anyone have a PDF of a service manual for this thing? I have a hard copy parts book and I thought I had a service manual download on an old windows computer,but I just cant seem to locate it. Sheepfoot et al where art thou?You guys have always been very helpful on this machine. BTW ,I managed to procure some Case TCH ,but it wasnt cheap or easy- I figured since I dont have an uncontrollable urge to rebuild these units , this is not a place to cheap out Thanks much George
I'm just guessing here, but all of mine: Deere455g, cat d4c, d8H 46a, all say check transmission warmed up, with engine running at low idle. Sometimes they say on dipstick and have marks on both sides of dipstick, engine running, engine off.
thanks, ill try that,but not a thing on the stick other than a full line. I was leaning in that direction ,seems to be a common method with automatic style transmissions . I hate when I forget stuff....
The 1450 transmission level should be checked with engine stopped.
Thanks much You sound pretty certain on that so I'll go with it.This also means I didnt pay 120USD for a fiver of Case TCH for nothing. LOL