I have a case 1450b, was doing a job with it parked it, got back on it and it will barely pull it self in forward or reverse in low, if you try to turn it with the pedals it stops and won’t try to do anything, put a pressure gauge in the little port on the 90 going into the control valve and it’s showing 275psi, then replaced the gauge on the dash with my new gauge and it’s showing 30psi, read on some forums and removed the line from dash to control valve and pulled the little cone shaped screen out and cleaned it, I also pulled the spool out of the control valve for the left pedal steer, it came right out but can not get it to go back in, will go about half way and stops, is there some tool or trick to getting the spool back in? Thanks
Welcome to HEF @Dirk McGuyer Because the spool is two piece, it needs a bit of wriggle & twist to reinsert. Sudden loss of transmission pressure could be sticky linkages to the modulator (2" cylinder in the middle of the control valve - linkage connected to brake pedals) It also may have blown a gasket in the valve, which will require it's removal & to reseal it.
I have wiggled and tried every angle, I can get it about half way in and it acts like it’s hitting something, goin to get a camera today to stick in there and see, I took a pic with my phone best I could, in the pic on bottom right side there looks to be two little tabs so didn’t know if there was a trick to getting it to go in or had to remove something?
Pic
Check page 6-248 in the 1450B parts manual references 25-30, the spring is bad to break. You'll need some 1/4" all thread cut in three equal lengths to remove cap and to reinstall same. If you don't have parts manual go to mycnhistore.com and type in your model and go to power train and find the page I referenced.