Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1550 Dozer

Cat 236 ยท 2011-12-09 00:01

I recently acquired a 1993 1550 Case Dozer with Ripper and it is in excellant condition I believe it is an Air Port Dozer that sat around a lot doing nothing at some remote strip here in Alaska. Everything, moter, steering, Hydralics are fine. The one thing though is it will not travel very fast maybe 2 MPH or so where as the op manual says it will travel about 6 mph. Anyone out there have any ideas on this problem? Thanks Cat 236 Alaska

Replies2
  1. #1Randy882011-12-11 19:33

    Does the lever travel the full distance forward and reverse? and have you looked under the seat at the linkage to see it moves as well the full travel? I"ve been around them briefly and run them just about as much, they are a hydro machine more or less and on the one I was around they had a V for the shifting pattern is this machine the same way? Does it lug under a load and push like it should up to the 2 mph?

  2. #2Goose2011-12-11 19:53

    If the speed is variable through the control lever range I would guess the drive motors are locked in slow speed. The pumps are variable and the motors have three steps to the speed. Slow speed, fast speed and ,max speed. I cant remember what controls the motors to shift speed though but I can check into that tomorrow at work and let you know.