I'm having problems with the decelerator freezing up on my D4G. After start up I have to let the D4 warm up for about 30-45 minutes before the decelerator starts to move. This also doesn't let me have any throttle and during start up I like to move the throttle lever about 1/3 but moving it does nothing. Before I shut it down last time I left the throttle lever at half way and then when I started the engine I could step on the decelerator to keep it from reving too much when cold but the throttle lever did nothing when I moved it. Maybe it's the throttle cable freezing up? Anyone have this problem? What can I do? Replace the cables? Move to a warmer climate?
D3DaveC, I have a D3G and what I have found is that I need to remove the cover over the pedals (Decelerator and Brake) and clean out around the shafts of the pedals and linkage. I am pushing trees and brush, debris (leaves, twigs, dirt, etc.) get under the cover and build up. At the end of the day, I always bring my machine in and park it inside where I have an air compressor with a blow gun. I blow out the debris on a dailly basis. I am not saying that daily cleaning is necessary. But you might try cleaning and lubricating if you have not already done that. I do use spray-on graphite on all my control linkage and cable. Last thing you want is for something to not operate when you are in a bad place. Temperature is a contributing factor but there must be another more primary factor such as lack of lubrication or dirt. Nevertheless, moving to a warmer climate sounds good even if you fix the problem
Thank you very much! I'll look into that. It has a cab and it may seem that once it warms up the cab space it starts to work. Other than this it's a preasure to operate.
I really like my D3G, it has good power and is easy to operate. If you have a cab, does not seem to be related to debris. Follow the cable and lubricate it with one of the spray on lubricants. It has to be gummed up somewhere and when it gets warm the friction on the cable decreases.