Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1550 stuck in reverse

SickVoodoo · 2018-07-04 08:28

A friend asked to me to take a look at his 1550 that’s stuck in reverse on the left track and neutral on the right. I don’t know much about these systems and was wondering if anyone had some experience with these. I have found it’s hydrostatic and can be a nightmare to fin parts.

Replies5
  1. #1alrman2018-07-04 18:17

    Welcome to HEF @SickVoodoo This model is more than a nightmare re parts..... You need multiple test gauges fitted at the same time & a phototach to be reading RPM as well. There is also a test proceedure that is needs to be followed in numerical order, any adjustments to the control valve without doing it in sequence tends to upset other functions. I wouldn't suggest doing anything without the proper instructions in a service manual.

  2. #2SickVoodoo2018-07-04 23:07

    He did mention that the manual was confusing. I need to get my hands on it and give it a good read. How many gauges and at what pressures are we talking. I think I have two 5000psi and one 500psi at work.

  3. #3alrman2018-07-06 19:04

    I have not had any actual repair experience on these due to their rarity over here. I recall there was low pressure testing as well as high pressure. I think the low was around 40psi?? Hopefully you will find something obvious, due to it's being "stuck" in REV......

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2018-07-07 07:47

    You got that right Alrman those things were and still are a nightmare. I worked on those from day one when they first came out and still don't know everything.

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2018-07-07 07:50

    It sounds like you have a control issue and like alrman says you need pressure gauges and a service manual to check and test all pressures and then to reset tracking.