Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1650K hour meter and undercarriage

davecampbell ยท 2020-03-22 20:07

I went to look at a Case 1650K for sale locally with 1150 hrs on it. The tracks are very worn, it's through the bushings and into the pins. Grousers have good height, but rock guards have worn into the back of them badly. I'm assuming that happened because rollers are bad. Joystick works backwards, forward is back but sideways works correctly. angle switch for blade is busted. How does the hour meter work when it is the in dash readout? Could the computer have been swapped out?

Replies4
  1. #1CaseFan132020-03-23 00:00

    The hour meter is in the dash itself. A change to a new dash will result in the machine saying 0 hours. We have one and the dash was replaced when it was only a year or 2 old so maybe a likely answer.

  2. #2Welder Dave2020-03-23 01:10

    Rock guards are only good if you work in lots of rocks. Look into undercarriage. I thought there were some Case machines that were difficult to get undercarriage for. HeavyEquipmentForums

  3. #3Tinkerer2020-03-23 09:18

    Seems strange to me that the tracks are so tight when the pins and bushings are that worn.

  4. #4davecampbell2020-03-23 22:36

    I agree. Looks like the idlers are only out about 6". Im wondering if someone pulled a link out of it at one point.