Just picked up a case 1737 skidsteer. Everything works good except the turning. The right side seems to shudder and not work as good as the left. Thinking maybe clutches need adjusted. Anybody know how they are adjusted? Can't find any info about how they are adjusted online.
With the big side cover off you can see the outer end of the clutches, look carefully and you will see scribe lines on the side of the two parts that move when you move the levers, loosen the setscrews and turn the slotted nuts till the scribes line line up with normal lever pressure, one is a forward clutch, one reverse so one will line up one way and the other in the other lever direction. These are cam type clutches and the cams have sloped tracks inside that separate when the balls roll up the sloped ramps.
Thank you for the assistance. When I get it torn apart I'll get plenty of pics. I have seen the scribe marks you are speaking about in drawings. Hopefully when I pull the cover off the clutches are in decent shape.
Well, I found my problem. What I though would be a clutch adjustment turned out to be wasted clutches. Couple bearings wasted also.
After much tracking down parts and alot of $$$, it’s back together and running. Nice to be able to finally use it. A pic after doing some land clearing today.