We have a skid steer that got Lil to close to the brush fire while Cleaning up Needless to say it burnt up. Mainly just the engine compartment area an rear of cab. Motor was completely melted an I'm Guessing the radiator an oil cooler are shot too from Excessive heat. Machine has only 1300 hrs on it. All Hyd pumps an drive motors an valves an drive hubs are all still in great shape. We pulled the bucket off an the vts tracks. Gonna sell machine for salvage hopeing someone would want it for a parts machine. Anyone gotta clue of what the burnt unit may be worth. I'll just throw a number in the air an see we're it goes. 3500 bucks. Is this fair ?
Sorry to hear about the fire. Do you have any pictures? It's almost prohibitively expensive to rebuild a skid loader that's been burnt due to part cost and wiring, etc. I'd say you're in the neighborhood and see what interested parties come along ...and how long you want to hang onto it. I've seen guys trying to sell burnt skid loaders for more ...and still have it more than a year later. One problem with that machine is that there aren't too many Komatsu's out there ...but then again if a guy's got one that he plans to keep, and works on himself, the parts could be nice to have.
Thx for ur input on my burn victim. I though would of been a good dollar figure to play with. I've got it listed on Craig's list with pics. I've got few calls on it but people are wanting me to part it out I'd rather sell complete unit
I would part it out if you have the time. Or pay someone who has the time to strip it down for you. A burnt machine is virtually impossible to bring back and most people just want a few parts not a whole machine sitting around. You could sell it to an equipment wrecking yard but I have no idea how much they'd pay. A lot depends on how bad it was burnt. If there's enough good parts left you might be able to recoup a good chunk of change.