hey guys I have a 1830 case skid loader,well the other day I went out to dig for about 1hr.shut off the machine to go eat went back to the loader started it up and the motor ran fine but now I have know forward, backward,up down.dump ect ect ect nothing from hand controls:beatsme checked the fluid and there fine opened the front intake line from hydro tank and nothing no hydro fluid.please help thanks
If your fluids are fine and it was a sudden death it's probably the coupler between engine and pumps accessible under the seat. Our 1830 has done it a couple of times. Looks something like this picture.
looked there shaft and drive spin fine when motor is running and chain looks great could it be a filter or valve :beatsme
Since hyd power for all systems are generated through the pump drive, and no systems work, you may have sheared off the pump drive shaft (PN: D63320) just south of the pump coupling. I have seen this happen before.
I agree wih WISOAK. One pump charges the rest of the system.Good luck!
Just to add, there is only one filter and it's on the tank return. No suction screen, just an open pipe in the tank.
See if you can see the shaft going into the pump group spinning with the coupler. The splines will wear out in the coupler or on the shaft and the coupler will be turning but it is not turning the input shaft into the pumps.
well I got some wrenchen to do I guess.this thing was in my uncles barn and was only used with the forks.he gave it to me and I put the bucket on to do some diggen in the yard and bam.well I'll check a few things like you guy's mentioned and check back thanks
were's a good place to buy parts?? for the case 1830
any one know of some good bone yards
Try Wengers in Myerstown. http://www.wengers.com/ jr
For what it's worth I use to see this alot on the older JD 310 and 410 backhoe loaders. The front crankshaft coupler that drove the main hydraulic pump was aluminum (softer so that it failed before the pump input shaft). The spline teeth inside the coupler would wear out and finally when pump was under load would fail the coupler spline. Crankshaft at that point could not drive the pump. I see your coupler was chain on to steel sprockets. Means more damage I would suppose. Good luck!
skid steer junkyards Try Stoller Tractor in Smithville OH (330-669-3676) for Case s.s.l or Bergies s.s.l repair in Canton OH (330-305-1112) for Bobcat.Both are very helpful.Good luck!
I have a CASE 1830 and I was lifting some sand and heard something loud (like something snapping). I am not seeing any leaks but my bucket will no longer tilt. It does raise up and down and the linkage seems to be in place for controller.
Lift the seat and watch the shaft that rotates when you work the control. That is the shaft that goes into the large case. The linkage is attached to an arm that is supposed to rotate the shaft. Ours has gotten pretty sloppy at that connection and I can see where it might fail. If the shaft is rotating then there is a deeper problem. Just editing this because I think my memory is bad and above only applies to drive function. Just forget I said anything. Wish I knew how to delete messages.
Check the piston in the cylinder to see if it came off .
I did notice the bucket will wiggle a bit and try to move when I move the control back and forth
It sounds like the oil is going from one side of the piston to the other thru the center of the piston.
It was the piston. The bolt snapped. Thanks Suggestoins on what should use for a cleaning solvent?
any one have a service manual for a case 1830 I can download
I Had the same Problem , Mine was a Grade 8 Bolt on the End of the bucket cylinder shaft that holds the Plunger to the shaft ,it had been worked on be for and they put a shorter bolt in it , and it worked its way lose.