Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere D Series Skid Steers

Burnout ยท 2010-02-01 03:00

Hey guys, I don't hang out in here much but I did have a quick question. My grandfather is lookin at a new CTL or SS. He is thinking of goin with the VTS system if he grabs a unit on tires but wants another CTL. We already have an 843 bobcat, Cat 257 and 257B Turbo, some old Gehl that runs a concrete pump and had a T300 Bobcat for a year on loan from the local Case dealer. I have been researching the Deere D series skid steers for a bit and was wondering if anyone has seen or tried one out yet? I stopped by our local dealer and they gave me a brochure but nothin in stock as of yet. We are lookin for a 329D at this point and just wondering if anyone has some info or first hand impressions.

Replies14
  1. #1KSSS2010-02-01 12:29

    It sounds like the first ones are just shipping to dealers. I have a VTS on a CASE 440. I like the system.

  2. #2superstar2010-02-05 16:24

    I work as a welder at the Dubuque Works on the new D series line, we didnt get them released as soon as we wanted, but the holdup was definately worth the wait. The new D-Series are being shipped to dealers now and they are a very nice unit. The new gray paint scheme on all Deere Dig components looks very good, and these new Ds are much more heavy duty than the 300 series, well all the parts are anyway. All in all a nice unit, now that all the bugs are worked out I would definately buy one

  3. #3EGS2010-02-05 17:06

    Do you have any pictures from your work?

  4. #4Deereman2010-02-06 14:04

    Im really liking the 329D. Im used to running a ct332 but now that a 329 is out I really don't see an advantange of have a 332 now. Just looking on spec's there is not that much to gain. The only thing I still don't like about the large frames is the engine choice. Still not a believer in the 5030H, I want my 4045 back with these updated pumps:crying oh well all is good. Still debating between the 323 or 329.

  5. #5Bleed Green2010-02-06 14:44

    And wouldn't there be a pretty big difference between the 323 and the 329? One is large frame and one is small frame I believe.

  6. #6Deereman2010-02-06 14:55

    Oh yea there is. In other words I would love to have a 329 and could use it. Its always better to have to much then never enought. But the price tag is what is going to be the factor. Im pretty sure the 323 would do it and loved the 322. IJDK??

  7. #7Bleed Green2010-02-06 18:55

    Isn't the 329 (as opposed to the 333) the same size as the old CT 332? It seemed that they matched up the best when I was browsing the specs on deere's site.

  8. #8MXZ2010-02-08 10:36

    If you spec'd a 329D with wide tracks and counterweights, you'd basically have a CT332 in terms of specs. I ran a couple of the new D's at the local dealer and they are very nice machines.

  9. #9grapple12010-02-08 11:41

    The reversing fan is a must have option. The air ride seat too.... The new d's look great.

  10. #1035002010-04-25 21:33

    I just got one! AWESOME! I can answer any questions. Hi-flo, cab h/ac, 2 speed, reversing fan, stereo, chrome exhaust, every option you can get except 3" seat belt! Let me know what you want to know.

  11. #11Bleed Green2010-04-25 23:11

    any pics?

  12. #12firetrack2010-04-26 04:48

    how quiet is it? did you get EH controls with performance package? how is the vision?

  13. #13esobofh2010-04-26 10:43

    I was just at my local Deere dealer, and had a first hand look at the machines. They really seem to be a well put together machine. I think being that they are the last of the major manufacturers to update the design, they currently have the latest and greatest. The best thing I found in the deere is the visibility, the cab is roomy and has great visibility all around and to the bucket edge. everything seems to be well thought out and intuitive.

  14. #1435002010-04-26 12:20

    firetrack / Bleed Green Machine is quiet in a strange way. Slightly louder than the Case 445ct but it has a pressurized cab. This is similar to a car driving down the road with one back window partly down. No pics yet. Soon!