Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1835b charge psi

Kefrko · 2023-06-27 23:09

I purchased a used 1835b a few years back. I went through a lot of maintenance things to get a base line on it. I replaced both hydraulic filters at that time as well as changed the hydraulic fluid. This past winter while using it on my property I noticed the charge psi light was on. The skid steer was still working fine and if I didn’t see the light I wouldn’t have realized there was an issue. At that time I ordered two new filters and figured I would start with that. Before I had a chance to install them the light went off and has been off ever since. I have put around 10hrs on it since then and today the light came back on even tho it still appears to be running fine. Is there anything else I should be considering or testing besides just starting with the filters? I’ve read you can test the pressure but I wasn’t sure where and how. Do you just use a threaded pressure gauge? Thanks for any assistance.

Replies1
  1. #1phil3142023-06-28 09:17

    I'd start by checking the wires to the pressure switch. Sounds like 1 of them might be grounding/shorting out since this is an intermittent thing. Also worth checking the pressure switch too. If the filters haven't been changed recently, that would be a good idea too.