Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1835b no drive to left side.

Pat Fouracre ยท 2020-12-12 20:16

Hey, I have a no drive issue (case 1835b), had a faulty wheel motor (broken spline), so replaced motor. Still no good, swapped hoses from the right motor just to make sure, new motor is fine. Wheels on LH side spin freely, chains on and fine. I capped of fittings and started it up, doesn't try and stall or make a noise when I move the lever forward or backward. Have swapped reliefs, just wanted to know is there anything else to check before I pull it out and send for repairs? I assume something is worn in the front hydrostatic pump. Thanks in advance.

Replies6
  1. #1lantraxco2020-12-12 22:33

    If the motor shaft was snapped off, it's a good bet something let go inside the pump at the same time. Parts book shows the rear pump for the LH drive? Is the lever connecting to the pump swash plate by chance turning loose on the shaft? Book shows a key there.

  2. #2Pat Fouracre2020-12-12 23:02

    Sorry mate I dunno me left from right lol, it's the front hydro pump if that helps, wouldn't b a shaft as all hydraulics are working and wheels turn very slowly when their off the ground. From what I can tell the linkage connected to swash plate is Turing at the same rate as the shaft. I'll put a mark on it and double check.

  3. #3lantraxco2020-12-12 23:06

    Problem with skid steers, any time you're working on one, you're usually climbing in from the front so everything is always backwards

  4. #4Pat Fouracre2020-12-13 00:59

    Lol, that's tru. Everything seems to be moving together, guessing valve plate or something in the rotating group is worn out. Anyone know if I can just pull the from pump off or have I got to remove the whole unit

  5. #5lantraxco2020-12-13 01:31

    Ah, out of habit I called the drive end pump the "front" pump because it's the input end, what you called the front pump is nearer the front of the machine. Both right, lol. The front and rear pumps have the center section in common, so I would remove at least the tandem piston pumps together. If the two section gear pump is all connected with soft lines you could probably unbolt it and drop it out of the way.

  6. #6Pat Fouracre2020-12-13 01:58

    Righto, thanks for the help