Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 825

kurt ackerman ยท 2020-12-12 18:44

I have a milky oil situation. I have changed it a few times and have made alot of progress and oil looks alot better, but is there a certain hose I can pull off and put in a bucket to.get the old out and let it draw from a clean 5 gallon? I think the system holds 27 gallons. Thanks.

Replies11
  1. #1lantraxco2020-12-12 22:48

    Does it have quick couplers for an attachment? Quick way to drain some oil. Problem with these machines is all the nooks and crannies for oil to stay in, the cylinders, corners of the center frame which is the oil tank, etc. Going about 30 years into my wayback machine I think I remember that machine have two, possibly three spin on filters under the fiberglass cover. Should be able to cross the originals over to Gresen or whatever and then to Zinga: https://www.zinga.com/products/spin-on-filters/# Get some Aqua-Zorb elements, will suck the water right out of the oil. Get extras. YMMV

  2. #2kurt ackerman2020-12-13 16:17

    thanks for the reply i will look for some on google.

  3. #3Welder Dave2020-12-14 14:38

    If I recall the 825 used a common reservoir for the hyd's. and chain cases but had double (maybe more) filters. Maybe you could rent a filter cart and run a loop to clean up all the water and other crap in the system. Important to find out how the water is getting in and correct it.

  4. #4lantraxco2020-12-14 16:25

    Usually through that crappy gasket on the cover for the chain case/oil reservoir, lol. Or cracks in the fiberglass cover.

  5. #5kurt ackerman2020-12-14 16:52

    Could I hook up that cart through the aux. Hydrolics? It hold 27 gallons.

  6. #6lantraxco2020-12-14 16:55

    Wouldn't need a cart, just a filter head with a proper filter and a couple hoses with quick couplers on them.

  7. #7kurt ackerman2020-12-14 17:22

    Sure would be nice if they made 1 with a water separator on it.

  8. #8lantraxco2020-12-14 17:25

    Like I said, Aquazoeb filter

  9. #9Welder Dave2020-12-14 18:17

    You can get filters for water. A filter cart doesn't use the loader hyd. pump and most use 2 filters. You're also not turning the hydrostat pumps. Filter Cart (donaldson.com)

  10. #10kurt ackerman2020-12-14 22:22

    Can you put a link to aquazerb?

  11. #11lantraxco2020-12-14 22:52

    It's a Zinga product, though others may make something similar, you have to figure out what filter you want to replace, or if you're buying a filter head also, what size you're going with, it's just an option. There's some good information on this page, the filter part numbers ending with "AZ" are what you want, and for cleaning up a system probably use a 10 micron for a while, then a 3 micron to get all the little bits, and then change the stock filters inside the machine. https://www.zinga.com/products/spin-on-filters/spin-on-filter-elements-se-le-series/ https://www.zinga.com/products/spin-on-filters/#