Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1838 hydraulic oil cooler

Dalessio2023 ยท 2023-09-05 16:03

Hi I am new here so I'm not sure where to ask this question but I am looking for some information on the proper procedure for removal and installation of a hydraulic oil cooler on a Case 1838 skid steer. I have all manuals for this machine but there is no procedure or anything referencing the removal and installation of a new oil cooler. If anyone has knowledge on this please let me know. The removal and installation process to me seems straightforward but I am worried about getting air into the system from the new hydraulic cooler once it is replaced.

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2023-09-05 18:31

    Welcome to HEF @Dalessio2023 Simply remove the old cooler & fit the new one. The oil will sort itself out, no need to worry about anything

  2. #2Dalessio20232023-09-05 18:36

    Ok thank you I wasn't sure. I couldn't find anything in the service manual about it. So I just wanted to be sure. An thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I'm sure it will be a major help to me when asking questions about my machine.