Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need some help please

Dalessio2023 ยท 2023-09-05 17:04

Hi I am new here so I'm not sure where to ask this question but I am looking for some information on the proper procedure for removal and installation of a hydraulic oil cooler on a Case 1838 skid steer. I have all manuals for this machine but there is no procedure or anything referencing the removal and installation of a new oil cooler. If anyone has knowledge on this please let me know. The removal and installation process to me seems straightforward but I am worried about getting air into the system from the new hydraulic cooler once it is replaced.

Replies2
  1. #1ozarkag2023-09-05 20:07

    No worries, oil from the cooler returns to tank, which is vented. So air will be purged there. No procedure? Don't really need one for 4 bolts and 2 hoses.

  2. #2Dalessio20232023-09-05 20:10

    Ok thanks I know it looked easy to replace. I just wanted to make sure air wouldn't get into the hydraulic system. I appreciate the response.