I have a case 1840 not sure of the year. I have been using it to clear some brush so it has been sitting outside. I now have water under the foot pan in the battery area. Surely there is a hole that this water should be draining out of. I have felt around and cannot find it. Does anyone know if or where this drain exists?
You have four inspection holes with covers bolted underneath.
Cajun1986, is that what a skidesteer really looks like? The last time I had to replace a drive motor on our 1845C it took over an hours to chisel and dig my way dowh to get the hose out! Plus if Plunkster's belly pan was that clean the slot between the pullyes for the parking brakes would be more than enough to keep it drained!
Just finished a complete restoration on this 1993 1840. Complete strip down, sand blast, prime and repaint. It was not draining. The belly was full of oily hard clay.
You mean that mine didn't come that way from the factory?!?!?
Thanks that is very helpful. Is that valve in the pic for the aux hydraulics? My valve will not shift I dont think it has ever been used. I figured I would take it apart this winter and see if i can free it up.
Looks good. It is nice to see it all disassembled gives me a better understanding of how it all sits in there.
Now that looks more like what I have to deal with! Only major difference is on the 1845C the battery is on top of the left chain box, a bit of a pain to replace the battery with arms down.
Cajun1986, Looks very nice! I would like to be able to go through one like that. Any idea of the hours you have in to a project like that? Was this for personal use or a customer?
This unit was bought for personal use. I spent the winter disassembling, sand blasting, priming and painting. Replaced all axle bearings and seals, new hoses, all new wiring, new tires, fabricated new metal covers to replace those fiberglass POS chain covers. I was lucky, hydraulic system / drive pumps / equipment pump all appear to be in good shape. This was 5 months of work. I would not make any money doing this as a job, but I am retired.