Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1840

jsmith6752james4now ยท 2020-02-03 17:56

I an tracking down the 2 wires going to the front of my loader near the quick couplers. I have no power there when I push the button on the handle. It appears to have a relay and maybe a circuit breaker under the seat. Any more info would be appreciated....thanks

Replies13
  1. #1Ed ke6bnl2020-02-03 18:18

    I am new to this skid steer stuff, I just got a 1840 case and I have 2 broken wires going to a button on my rt. turning bucket lever that I understand is for high output to the aux valves.

  2. #2heymccall2020-02-03 18:36

    On my 1845C, that's the horn button.

  3. #3Ed ke6bnl2020-02-03 18:54

    I stand corrected the book says its the horn button. Know I will hook up the broken wires and test it out.

  4. #4jsmith6752james4now2020-02-03 23:13

    the horn button is on the right control arm I am referring to the button on the left side

  5. #5heymccall2020-02-04 00:03

    Schematic here HeavyEquipmentForums But, I don't see auxiliary wiring in there.

  6. #6jsmith6752james4now2020-02-04 14:47

    thanks for the response. I don't see the auxiliary wires coming from the push buttons on the control levers. My schematic in my service manual is very crude and does not show very much.

  7. #7jsmith6752james4now2020-02-05 10:44

    yep, another broken wire....fixed

  8. #8R2L2023-12-02 15:40

    Here's the wiring schematics from the June 1989 issue for the 1840. Hope this is helpful for someone. I have the service manual if anyone needs any other sections photographed.

  9. #9jhaase2024-04-02 20:19

    R2L, do you know what PIN # that wiring schem covers?

  10. #10R2L2024-04-02 20:30

    I'll go in the shop and check now.. Off topic, but I have some good friends here in Canada with the maiden name Haase. Let me know if there's anything else you need from the manual.

  11. #11jhaase2024-04-02 20:33

    We have a large family here in WI, could also be some up by you! Thank You!

  12. #12R2L2024-04-02 20:48

    I have the manual open. I can't seem to find anything that mentions PIN #. Posting the front cover of the 4002 electrical specifications chapter.

  13. #13jhaase2024-04-02 21:07

    I see in the lower right corner it was printed in May 1989, I think my loader is a early 1990s model. I see only 2 fuses on that schem, my machine has 4 & 3 relays. Any other wiring pics in your book?