HI All, I have a case 1840 with the Bosch Injector pump. I have just put a new one on plus new injectors and all new fuel, oil and air filters. The fuel tank has been cleaned and fuel lines to the pump have been replaced. The engine starts first go and the exhaust gases are barely visible. The engine runs very smoothly, but once past 3/4 throttle the engine makes full power but slowly starts loose power, until it is barely running. You pull the throttle back, and after a while it idles as it should, increase the power and the same thing happens. It just will not maintain full power. I live in the tropics so it is not a cold temperature issue. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Possible fuel supply issue.? Next time it derates, pull the fuel filter.. is it full or 1/2 empty..
Thanks. That's a great course of action. Common sense for a novice
Also try loosening your fuel cap to make sure the tank is venting.
Cheers I have done that
HI all, ended up getting it going. new filter and bypassed the lift pump with a electric pump and work as it should. Replaced the lift pump and ran with the electric pump and once again worked fine. removed the electric pump and runs perfectly as intended by CASE. Certainly appears to be running better and revving a little harder with the new Injector pump and new injectors. Thanks for your help.
That is exactly what happened. Thanks for the advise
Glad u got’r going..