Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1840 help request

Labrador ยท 2023-11-25 08:56

Good morning friends, I just bought a gently used 800 hour Case 1840. When I get off of the seat the engine shuts down. I even tested it by raising up off the seat with the safety bar down and the engine shuts off still. I unplugged the seat switch and that immediately shut it down which I expected. Any friends encountered this or have a direction to head?

Replies2
  1. #1stefuel2023-11-25 18:17

    My 1840 does not have a seat switch. That said, if it did, I would expect it to do exactly what yours is. I would say that operation is normal. My old riding mower did the same thing. It's a safety feature. If you don't like it, jump it out.

  2. #2Labrador2023-11-25 18:39

    I will try that. Thank you, I appreciate the reply. I'll let you know the outcome.