Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1840 Loader Drop Issue

gm@diezel ยท 2023-06-26 17:40

So I'm working on a Case 1840 skid steer that has a loader problem. Haven't worked on these much so this one I need a little help on. It is a late model 1840 with a late serial number. Has the issue with the loader dropping when you move the lever slightly in the raise position. Has lots of lifting power and strong hydraulics. So I replaced the poppet valve being sure this was the issue. Also cleaned the spool detent on the loader valve and pulled the spool to inspect that. All looked good. Also pulled the relief valve and the seals and all looked good there. After replacing the poppet valve it seems it may have gotten a little better and operates the way it should with a heavy load but sometimes goes back to the old habit of dropping when you don't have anything in the bucket. Am I missing something simple? Does the machine need operated a while before the new poppet valve makes a perfect seal? Thanks for any ideas.

Replies4
  1. #1KSSS2023-06-26 22:26

    It kind of sounds like a linkage issue with the hand controls to me.

  2. #2gm@diezel2023-06-27 08:07

    Unfortunately it's not a linkage issue. Linkage is good and tight and greased up and moves freely.

  3. #3InsleyGuy2023-06-27 08:48

    Can't help, but my 1845c does the same thing.

  4. #4sherwood222024-01-14 22:02

    @gm@diezel did you get it figured? I have what sounds like a similar problem on our 97' 1840 and a case technician told me it's more than likely the cylinder arm seals. I have one side done and seals coming for the other but curious as to what your solution was!