I blew a line from my main loader valve to the auxiliary foot pedal. Case said I can cap off at the loader valve if I don't use them. I did that. Put new filter and oil in, now the bucket will no respond, but the loader arms work fine. I didn't know the line was blown till I lost bucket. Movement.
You cannot just cap off the line. You need to replace the line or remove the powerbeyound fitting that is in the valve and plug it off so the valve is like a machine without aux hydraulics.
Thanks goose, should I replace both lines going to the aux pedal, this is new to me, trying to understand.
If the other hose looks fine just replace the damaged hose.
They were both in question, I don't use aux that is why I thought this would work. The service manager, was not to much help. You don't know how many hours have been wasted, thanks for your help. I might take a look at the power beyond. Any advice, (again new,) I know where it is on the valve thanks to the manual.
The power beyond line is capped after the 90 should I remove completely and put plug in the valve body, does this make a difference.
You can remove the powerbeyound and get the plug to plug the valve and then remove the return line coming from the aux valve and cap it and that would take the aux valve all the way out of the system.
I have a 93' 1840 with self leveling. I am in the process of a complete overhaul, replacing all hoses among other things. I too want to get rid of aux. system. (save money on a bunch of hose) I am unsure at the capping process. Until I saw this post, I capped the return and supply at the valve. see pic. Will this work ?
Hey Cajun, did not work for me, missing something, capped the same way, looks like from your picture, it was suggested to install a plug in the valve body, (power beyond.) that is the one you capped on the side at the 90. I don't know if it will change anything, I was also told to get a hose and connect both capped areas together, to complete a loop. Don't know what to do next, like you don't want to buy hose if it don't work.
Goose, please confirm I read you right. I should remove items #30 to 35 and install item #4 (power beyond plug)
That is correct. Item 32 will have 33 34 and 35 on it which are the seals and just install plug # 4 and leave the return capped like you have it
Thanks Goose , much appreciated!!
Also thanks goose. And Cajun nice pictures, clears up everything. Will give it a try this weekend.
Just off the phone with case dealership, $29 for the plug. Someone is making money!
peterpaul, I would like to know if it works. I am ordering a plug from a local hydraulic repair shop.
Hey Cajun, wrong plug and no o ring, this is becoming a nightmare. (Buying hoses local) dealer is not making this easy. Good luck, hope it works for you.
Are you guys sure you want to remove the ability to run aux. hydraulics? While it may add some time and expense in the repair, you are removing a lot of the machine's capability not to mention resale. The first time you want to run some type of attachment, you certainly will regret not having functioning aux. Much easier to fix it right while it is in pieces than to go back in after the fact.
You are absolutely correct, resale is what actually changed my mind. Plus of course it wasn't as easy as it sounded. Thanks for the wise thoughts.
I came to the same conclusion. I am fortunate to have a hydraulic shop within a 10 minute drive. It cost me less than $200 to replace all the auxiliary sytem hoses. Compared to the cost of replacing all the rest of the hoses which I already did, I decided to keep the system just in case. I would hate to think what CASE would want for a complete hose system. This shop made the hoses while I waited.
Nice job really looks great! I always wanted to do a complete restoration, to many other projects. Thanks for all your pictures and input on the machine, maybe you can post a picture when done, would love to see it. Keep up the good work. Cheers paul