Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1840 no fuel to injectors

danhillusw · 2022-10-17 19:00

Hello I have a 1992 case 1840 3200 hours I accidentally ran it out of fuel the other day. I went through the procedure to bleed it starting at the fuel filter and moving to the bottom bleeder on the injector pump with the key on and moving to the top bleeder. And then up to the injector cap nuts. That worked and I ran it for a while (2-3 hours). Then went to shut it down and tried starting it again. It will not start. So thinking I ran out of fuel I double checked and I have over 1/2 tank. So I started the bleeding process. However I did not see any air at any of the bleed points. And now I can’t get fuel up to the injectors. So my question is do I have a bad fuel pump or bad injector pump.

Replies3
  1. #1alrman2022-10-17 21:27

    Congratulations on your first post @danhillusw There should be an inline fuel filter between the tank & lift pump - likely, it is full of trash & blocked due to running out of fuel. That needs to be checked before anything else. Sometimes there can be a restriction in the tank - check how well your fuel is flowing from the tank outlet.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2022-10-18 08:23

    X 2.. And if it has an electric shut off solenoid, make sure your getting 12v to it DURING CRANKING.. If your not sure or don’t have a meter or test lite, run a hot wire from the battery to the solenoid.. Good luck.

  3. #3danhillusw2022-10-18 10:11

    Ok thanks for the info. The solenoid is getting 12 volts. I’ll change the filter. And go through the bleeding process.