Is there a rebuild kit for a tandem spool valve. I have a bucket the drifts down and replaced the 2 dowel shaped plungers with the small springs. I did that once before and it fixed the problem. The spool has a lot of oil around it so something is leaking. I removed the valve and what a job it was. I can buy a new one for around $840. Do I take a chance and buy on or take it to a dealer to make sure that's what it is. I hate to pay them if it's something I camn do. any thoughts?
You should do more troubleshooting before doing that. Several things can cause a bucket cylinder drift.
what would you recommend for my next step? I have already rebuilt one cylinder for the bucket. thanks
Cap bucket cylinders and see if it still drifts. That will tell you cylinders are leaking internally. Did you pull the spool out and insteck it?
I did pull the spool. Other some leaky seals looked ok. I tried to fix the none working float but it only had 2 small ball bearings in it. What do I need to cap the cylinders? thanks
get caps and plugs for the cylinder lines that match fittings. Not sure what they are off the top of my head. plug lines and cap cylinder fittings. It might be you float function or linkage not allowing spool to go back to neutral. I would rule out cylinder bypassing internally by capping cylinders. Pm me your email and I can share the manual with you