Everything works well, EXCEPT, the lower control. No aux on this machine. Thanks...
I assume the 1845 is the same as a 1840 and you have a paddle type foot control on the bottom. When I got mine, I don't think it had ever been used and was simply stuck. I sprayed it down with penetrating fluid a couple of times over a week. Then I got brave and stomped on it. Mine is working fine now. I only use it for my power angle snow plow. Perhaps I got lucky. I suppose if it was really rusted up, stomping on it might break something.
The foot pedals were for the aux control, the lower is on the left hand hand control..
Just to be sure we understand what you are asking: When you say "the lower" are you referring to the hand control that raises and lowers the boom? Does it work in either direction or is it completely locked? Also has it ever moved? Is this a new to you machine?
Up works, down, no.. Just stopped recently, had the machine for 10+ years.