Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845 Chain inspetion cover loation.

case1845 ยท 2014-03-08 11:43

Hello new here I just bought a old case 1845 not c or b the original 1845. I ordered a manual for it but have not received it yet. Can some one please help me. Where is the location of the chain case inspection covers I have been looking for them and can not see them any help on this will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Replies5
  1. #11466IH2014-03-08 17:23

    I dont know about the 45 but the 35B's there is one on each side by your feet and the rears are kind of a pain to get to without removing the rops, seat and spools. If you are replacing them stalership says to use there endless chains but i put in a set of standard NO.80 chains and masterlinks and the guy has not had any issues. Looking at the case parts site they look to be in the same location as the 35's. Here is the parts page for the machine on casece.com http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr54967ag39132 Sorry i read it wrong the first time but they are still in the same location the lids themselves are index#15 in this diagram http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr65239ar833930

  2. #2case18452014-03-08 17:30

    Thanks for the info I think I found the rear covers they are on the top of the chain case near the lift cylinders I think they have one bolt and are sealed up quite well do I just pry them loose and reseal all I want to do is drain the oil out and need to find the inspection cover so I can refill the chain case.

  3. #31466IH2014-03-08 17:41

    Yes you just loosen the nut on the cover and pry loose. usually just eliminate the gaskets and use a heavy bead of rtv because usually the gaskets are dry rotted and junk and u would think the front covers would be easier to get to after you remove the four bolts on the froor pan. There isnt as much in the way to pour oil back in that way. You are only supposed to fill them jut to where it is an inch or two up on the wheel sprockets but i filled to half way up so of you are working on a hillside and all the oil is in the front or back you arent running a chain dry

  4. #4case18452014-03-08 17:47

    Great info thanks im going to head out to shop and get into it thanks a lot for the help.

  5. #51466IH2014-03-08 18:00

    No problem and good luck