Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845 Electrical Question

sims ยท 2014-07-14 18:13

I'm rehabbing some frayed wire harnesses on my 1845C. There is a "resistor looking" gizmo attached to the flywheel housing but there are no wires connected. I'm assuming a PO disconnected the wires and clipped them out of the harness. I see the resistor in the parts catalogs online but they don't show up on any wiring schematics that I can get my hands on. Does anybody know what/where the resistor connects into to the 1845C electrical system? Thanks for any advice that you can offer. SimS

Replies3
  1. #1kshansen2014-07-14 18:24

    Well it shows in the parts break down: http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr57482ar267369 I don't have the wiring diagram at home but I believe it is in the alternator wiring, I'll see if I have notes in my files.

  2. #2kshansen2014-07-14 18:54

    I don't have a wiring diagram at home but did check some files I have and the resistor is part of the charging system. Have note that ours was not charging last fall and I traced the problem to the wire from the resistor to the D+ terminal of the alternator. If I was to make a guess I'd say the feed to the resistor would be a switched wire, hot with key on. As I recall the wires are in the harness that is above the flywheel housing. If I don't forget I'll scan in the wiring diagram for ours at work tomorrow. If you can send me an email or private message with an address to send it to I'll do my best to get it to you after work on Tuesday.

  3. #3sims2014-07-15 06:21

    Thanks for the info. PM is on the way.