Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845 maintenance manual sources

verse1845 ยท 2016-11-18 09:44

I have a Case 1845 for which information and parts are getting scarce. Any suggestions where to find a maintenance / rebuild manual? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Jeepwalker2016-11-18 09:59

    Ebay If you plan to keep your machine a long time, and, if you do a lot of the maintenance and repair work yourself, it probably makes sense to spend more money and get original manuals. It's going to cost you, but you'll have all the right information literally at your fingertips. Some sellers also sell a CD for like $20 usually, and they often contain multiple manuals on the same CD. I bought a CD from an ebay seller, but a few critical pages from the maintenance book seem to be missing, like skipped pages and things like that, which was frustrating for me at the time. However, the vast majority of what I needed I was able to get from the CD source, and for 20-30 bucks, it was a decent deal as my machine has been very trouble-free. If you can get an original CD ...if they even made one, that would be the way to go. I plan on eventually buying the maintenance book one of these days. The parts information is online, so I don't know if I really need to buy that (plus it's on the CD I bought).

  2. #2thrashingcows2016-11-18 16:54

    I just purchased a CD service manual for my 1845C off E-bay for $20 shipped. I do prefer the original OEM paper service manuals, but have more pressing needs for those funds right now.

  3. #3kshansen2016-11-19 06:10

    If I had an 1845C, would like one but could not justify the money, I would be jumping at the $20. manual. Hard copy is nice but with a CD version and printer you can print out the page(s) you need right now and not worry about greasy finger prints on the pages. PS: seeing you have the manual on CD how about looking up the spec's for wheel bearing torque for the guy looking for that info? His might not be a "C" but they should all be the same.

  4. #4thrashingcows2016-11-19 16:31

    Just ordered it a couple days ago....don't have it yet.