Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845B fuel filter change

apm ยท 2013-03-05 16:53

I want to change the fuel filters in my Case 1845B. The manual shows the procedure to reprime the fuel system after changing filters. It tells you to use the manual fuel lift pump, etc. Problem is, mine doesn't have a manual lift pump. Some previous owner must have removed it, all I've got is a rubber line straight from the fuel tank to the injection pump. Could I cut the line and put in an outboard motor type squeeze bulb? Any other suggestions? Thanks, Greg

Replies2
  1. #1sheepfoot2013-03-05 18:02

    Yes, you have to go between the tank and filter base, after installing remove the plug on the top filter and pump untill fuel comes out, most of the time you will not need to bleed the pump.

  2. #2Delmer2013-03-05 20:14

    5psi air in the tank (less if the tank is plastic), block the return fitting if there is one.