Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845C

caseaddict01 ยท 2009-12-25 21:02

I'm new to skid steers and just bought a Case 1845C and I noticed that there are 4 chain case covers, but are there 4 separate chain cases or are there just a left and right? Also what would be the best solvent to use to clean the inside of the cases when doing a fluid change? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1willie592009-12-25 21:16

    Welcome to the forum Caseaddict01. :usa Your machine has two chain cases, one on left side and one on right side. A chain for each wheel, total of 4 chains. You shouldn't necessarily have to clean the chain cases unless they've been contaminated with water or dirt somehow. But if necessary, you could use some kerosene, as any residual kerosene would mix with new oil and be so diluted it would be harmless.

  2. #2alrman2009-12-25 22:31

    ATCO is right with all info, exept, there are 3 chains per side on the 1845C. An intermediate chain (60H) drives from motor to cluster & 2 chains (80H) from cluster to each axle. There has been quite a bit of 1845C posts lately - have a bit of a look around & most of your service questions will be answered. I usually only flush with diesel if caramel milkshake (water contamination) is excessive.

  3. #3willie592009-12-25 22:34

    Thanks for the correction alrman. I haven't worked on an 1845, just the 1838 and 1840's.

  4. #4caseaddict012009-12-25 23:47

    Thanks for the great info!