Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845c

Dagarl · 2024-12-22 20:42

Just looking for some guidance on a skid steer that was my dad’s. It runs good but I know the emergency brakes aren’t working on the 1845c. Also when you start the engine the left hydraulic drive wants to creep forward. Also it seems to have a leak for hydraulic fluid. I know he was using just 5 gallon drums of hydraulic fluid but a label on machine said to use 10 30 with an additive. Just looking for guidance on fixing creeping hydraulics. And the type of fluid to use for hydraulic system. Where should I look for leaks at?

Replies7
  1. #192U 34062024-12-22 21:44

    Don't see many 1845's come through the doors but I believe those were all mechanical linkage from the control levers to the pumps so maybe its got some wear in the linkage or it just needs an adjustment? Far as I was told regular 10w-30 from CNH has that additive in it already now. May want to verify that though since I'm not 100% sure on that.

  2. #2Ed ke6bnl2024-12-22 22:49

    Case now says to use 10w30 diesel engine oil. The additive is no longer available. The braking is by pins that go into holes in the sprocket

  3. #3colson042024-12-22 23:46

    Pull the seat, Pull the foot rest pan, take off the two square covers in the front corners of the machine, drop the mid belly pan and rear belly pan. All that should take 15 minutes. Proceed to clean out all of the accumulated trash and debris from inside the machine and around the hoses. Once clean, start looking for leaks. Might have to start machine and let it run for a bit. The drive hoses tend to rub through where they pass underneath the drive motors, I've had the aux valve hoses rub through and the case drain return lines rub through. If those covers haven't been removed, there will be all sorts of abrasive crap caught in the bottom of those machines that cause hell with the hoses.

  4. #4jorgisase2025-02-18 10:31

    Hola! He podido notar que usted es una persona de gran conocimiento en este equipo CASE 1845C ¿Es posible que me ayude a aclarar el porqué de un problema que presenta mi equipo de ese mismo modelo? Actualmente, tuve que cambiar la bomba hidráulica porque el aditamento (cuchilla) no subía con fuerza y si lo hacía, lo hacía lentamente. Ahora que tienes la bomba instalada, sigues con el mismo problema. Has revisado las presiones de la bomba pero sigue igual ¿Qué otra razón podría causar este problema?

  5. #5Welder Dave2025-02-22 21:24

    Need to post in English.

  6. #6jorgisase2025-03-10 12:05

    Good day to all! I would like to ask you in the most cordial manner for your support in providing me with information on where I can buy used (in good condition) or new spare parts online for this model of skid steer loader. I live outside the USA and it has been almost impossible for me to find hydraulic spare parts for my equipment. If any of you have used spare parts or know of someone who has them for sale, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share the information. Thank you!

  7. #7Welder Dave2025-03-10 20:20

    Anywhere that sells Case should be able get parts for an 1845C. They are one of the most popular skid steers ever made.