As my name implies...I'm a new kid. 1845c PIN JAF0197272 I have a manual, still can not seem to figure this one out for CERTAIN. Arms/Bucket Controls: Which hand is SUPPOSED to control the arm cylinders? Which hand is SUPPOSED to control the bucket cylinders? Did Case change this at some point during production of the 1845c? It seems my buddies is one way, and mine is the other way, but neither look like they are wrong. My manual/parts book DID show 2 different sets of control valve rods. A "straight" set (PRE JAF0122751) and a "BENT" set (POST JAF0122751). So I "SHOULD" have a bent/X set on mine. Not sure about him...LOL. I'm confused, looking for answers, hoping someone can enlighten me!
I "THINK" I figured it out 5min after hitting send. I would like some sage, seasoned operator to confirm. I seem to have a set of "Z" rods, and it appears I installed them parallel to one another instead of installing them in a way to create the "X". If I rotate them to create an X, my controls will match my buddies machine.
On a Case 1845C with the later “bent/Z” control rods (your PIN range), the rods are meant to be installed in an X pattern so that the hand functions match the standard factory layout. If the rods are installed parallel instead of crossed, the lever functions will be swapped compared with another correctly assembled machine, even though nothing looks “wrong” mechanically. The solution is to remove the two Z rods and reinstall them so they create an X between the hand levers and the valve spools. Once rotated into the X configuration, your control pattern will match your buddy’s correctly set‑up 1845C, and the arm and bucket will respond with the intended hand assignments from Case.