Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845C back up alarm

beaker0802 · 2019-07-05 11:16

So I work for a small company and I’m not only the welder but also the equipment mechanic since the other left. I know I’m not the brightest spoon compared to some of you guys in here but I’m pretty sure that I can accomplishment anything if I set my mind to it. I read on an earlier forum about the back up alarm always having power to it and a black series wire run from the alarm to the pressure switches on the hydraulics is what opens the alarm to sound. I’ve replaced both pressure switches and have run a new wire to the switches from the alarm and I’m still not getting anything. HELP

Replies4
  1. #1kshansen2019-07-05 13:48

    I'm attaching a wiring diagram for at lest one version of the 1845C. If your's has a pink wire coming from the harness going to the alarm + terminal there should be a black wire from the - terminal going to one of the two pressure switches and then on to the next switch and finally to a ground. Both switches have to close to sound the alarm.

  2. #2beaker08022019-07-08 08:57

    Ran a wire to ground out the black wire to the engine ground and still don’t have alarm. Was looking to find main fuse panel but this model doesn’t have a fuse for the back up system. Have tested the pink wire for power and it does. Anything else I’m forgetting or doing wrong??

  3. #3Tinkerer2019-07-08 12:50

    Have you tested the alarm with direct power to determine if it is defective ?

  4. #4beaker08022019-07-08 15:01

    First thing I did