Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 1845c Belt Replacement Problem!

Larpy ยท 2020-05-04 20:10

I am trying to replace the fan belt on my 1845C however I can not get the coupler to separate from the shaft on the hydraulic pump! It is rusted on big time! I have loosened the two bolts holding the pump to the main bracket and pried but all it did was tear the bushing out of the coupler. I suppose I could try heat but I dont want to ruin the pump. Any suggestions?

Replies1
  1. #1tractormech2020-05-04 22:35

    Is it splined? I looked at a coupler online and it was splined with 4 bolt holes. If so get the biggest air hammer you can and flatten a chisel bit and put it against the coupling and rattle the heck out of it in the direction you want it to go. That rust can have a death grip and the rattling fast impact seems to break up the bond of the rust. That vibration will move the world. Good luck!