has anyone used non-factory case parts for the chains for drive motors? I need the smaller 60h drive motor to cluster gear chain and was wondering if I could use 60h chain and master link set up without going to case for the chains? 170$ for 2 chains or buy a small roll and make myself?
Should be no problem, as long as you get a good #60 chain. We always sourced the chains for the 1845C Case at the quarry where I worked from the same supplier we got our large Vee belts and other industrial drive parts from. However I'm trying to remember if we ever had to replace the chain from the hyd. motor to the idler gear, don't actually recall that one ever failing. I would say 80% of the time it was the right rear drive chain and the other 20% of the time the left rear. Guys liked to run with front wheels off the ground and when they hit a seam in the quarry floor or the waste pile it would put a bad shock load on the rear drive chains. Some times we would just use a master link to replace a broken link figuring they would snap a new chain just as easy as a patched one!
I would check into loader parts source for your chains and sprockets.
Good info....thanks!