Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845C drive issue

Larpy ยท 2020-12-09 18:27

I have a 1996 1845C. I just purchased it. The right side has a power loss going forward and whines when I push forward all the way on the right control. New fluids and filter. I am suspecting the tandem pump. I suppose I could switch the lines between drive motors and see if the problem switches sides. Any ideas?

Replies2
  1. #1Vetech632020-12-09 19:11

    Does it whine in revers on that side?

  2. #2GaryHoff2020-12-10 23:08

    Its likely the pump getting old and tired. As you mentioned, swap the lines to the motors to verify. I have seen people rebuild their own pumps, and sometimes they will just need a new valve plate, or they lap the old one. The service manual has a fairly good rebuild procedure in it. Just make sure to install the charge pump the proper way. Also be careful with the pins in the block.