I took the cab of my 2000 1845C yesterday and bent two control rods when I set the cab on the ground! I m a bone head! The two rods are on the right side of the cab as you sit in the machine. They lead to the hydraulics pump on the same side. The parts diagram shows the part number as H436766 (Curved) or H435759 (Straight). I think mine are the curved but honestly I bent them so bad I can not tell. Could someone take a pic of there late model 1845C? I need to buy some. Found some used but the seller wants $75 for shipping which makes them priced higher then new! The rods connect to the pump in the pic. It was taken before I destroyed them. They curve half way down their length under the cab I think.
Those rods connect to handles in the cab to the controls valve. It controls your lift and tilt functions. I don't know how badly you bent them. But unless they are tacos, you could probably just bend them back. Those rods are most likely just mild steel and should bend just fine. Use some heat if you have it. As for straight or curved, I believe you have the curved rods. They are actually more of a Z shaped. I've go an early machine and mine uses the straight rods. Because the tilt handle on the right goes to the tilt spool on the right of the control valve. On later machines they reversed the spools for lift and tilt, so the rods have to cross each other. My point to this is that the exact shape of the rods doesn't matter so much. Just that they cross and don't rub on anything. You should just be able to bend them back so they work. And then adjust the length so the controls function (center) as they should.
What is your serial number? Seems like you should be able to straighten them out close enough to work. Also just for clarification the thing they hook to is the control valve NOT a pump. Not trying to be too picky but referring to a control valve as a pump can cause all kinds of confusion. Dang IT! Phil you didn't let me finish first! guess I have to up my typing speed some!
Also just a quick question. You said you removed the cab? Does the cab on the newer machines not slide forward on rollers like the 1989 model I'm familiar with? I know the 1989 we had at the quarry was very easy to work on just about everything with the cab just slid forward. The operators manual had a easy to follow step by step procedure to do the job. Even though I did it a few times I always got out the book just to be sure I didn't forget something especially if I might get interrupted half way through by some other more important project!
I think I have the 20A part. Getting the cab off was super easy. I am repainting the entire machine so I separated the cab completely and set it aside. The problem came when I set the cabon the ground. The rods were hanging down and I REALLY bent them up as I set it down. I will post pics shortly. Thanks for the clarification on the valve vs. pump.
I bent them up really good!
JAF0122751 was about 93, so a 2000 will definitely use the H436766 rods if you have to buy new ones. Looks like you bent them mostly right at the threads. That kind of sucks. They may be bent a little in the middle to, but that will bend back fine. Here's what I'd do. Plan A: Heat the bend by the threads. Try bending them back. You might lose some adjustable cause the threads might not be perfect again, but it will probably get you up and running. You can always buy new ones later too. Plan B: Cut the threaded ends off and weld on a couple bolts with the appropriate thread to reattach the clevis. Straight the bends in the middle. Plan C: if all else fails, buy new ones. Use the old ones for mini golf.
Bought a set of used ones on ebay. Mine were definitely "tacoed"
More fixing, less screwing up. LOL