I removed the cab to paint it but I had to put the Loader is in the air. I am removing the loader to sand blast. There does not appear to be a hydraulic release valve to bring it down. I am guessing I could open up one of the hydraulic lines. Any suggestions? Not sure which line to open. I do have a fork lift to help lower it so it is not a drastic crash!!
On mine, when the machine is off, you can put the lap bar down and then push the left lever down and the boom will lower. If it doesn't go all the way down, it will go down a bit. Then cycle either the aux pedals or the bucket tilt once. I forget which. Then do the down boom again and it will go more. You'll have to hook something up something to the control valve to work them - like the old bent rods. And be careful to keep your distance when doing this. If you have a forklift, you could also just pull the pins on the boom cylinders too and lower the boom with the forklift. I probably wouldn't cracking a line. You've got no control over how fast it will come down. You might just end up with a huge oil mess too.
And what is that big tube on the left side that looks like it goes to the air filter?
I see you have the safety in place it won't drop with it there Also, I've never seen one with a seat mounted like that....
I set the seat on there after I removed the cab lol
There isn't an emergency valve to lower the boom. Lift the boom up, remove the safety bar, lower the seat bar to release the loader controls and just lower it as normal. Shouldn't have to be running.
That is the swivel reclining version
Well with the "cab" off I don't think there is a "seat bar" in place to lower! I would say one has to be very careful to lower the arms with machine in this configuration, not hard but one needs to know what they are doing and what could happen if you do something dumb! Do not mean that as an insult just stating facts. Do you have some kind of overhead crane/hoist in that shop? If so I would hook it up and lift weight off the safety bar that is installed on the right side lift cylinder. Fasten the safety bar up to the boom then it's more or less a case of lowering the boom with the overhead crane while actuating the spool in the control valve that is for the boom cylinders. Can't say which one it is as I believe Case reversed them at some point in production but should be easy to follow the lines from the cylinders to the control valve. Again not 100% sure but believe lower will mean pushing in on the spool in the control valve. Then just follow the boom down with the overhead crane. If no overhead crane/hoist you need to have some means to control the boom on the way down. What ever you use it will have to be securely connected to the boom so it does not get disconnected while lowering the boom. Most important thing is to think "Pinch points, pinch points, pinch points"! If done using common sense this should be a very safe and easy job, but if not thought through and rushed it could kill you! Not trying to scare you but too many people have been hurt or worse just because they did not think before doing something. Just watch a few of the ER shows on TV some day to get the idea.