Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 272c hydro problem

Dieselhead6.4 · 2019-02-21 09:55

Hi guys ,I have a cat 272c skid steer that has a small problem. I haven’t noticed this when running a bucket , but when running a snow pusher (which is a really heavy unit and further away from the machine than the bucket) you can have the arms up in the air, with it running, and the arms seem to leak down . Most of the time, but not all, it’s not the arms leaking down but the mounting plate for the quick attach leaking forward. It doesn’t slam to the ground but it goes fairly fast. It’s did it occasionally last year, but pushing snow with it yesterday it was doing it the majority of the time for a few hours. I cut the machine off twice and restarted it and it would work fine for a couple cycles of the arms then go back to leaking down. But then I drove the machine back to the shop and it never moved. I’m thinking maybe some kind of a solenoid? Thanks for any ideas

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2019-02-21 10:41

    Drifting under load...in order of probability. Worn piston seal in one cylinder Debris in relief valve Seal on inner bore of relief valve You say bucket drifts open (down). To test cylinder seals, use open bucket to lift machine front. Does bucket curl shut (up)?

  2. #2Mobiltech2019-02-21 11:22

    Serial number would help. Are you using the self leveling bucket feature. If so turn it off. Sometimes it can cause drifting.

  3. #3Dieselhead6.42019-02-21 17:00

    The serial is cat0272chred01809. I checked and self leveler was off. Got it out and got it up to running temp today and it did fine the whole time. Also picked up the front of machine by curling the bucket forward and it held the front of the machine up as it should.