Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845c hydraulic drive issues

rico7467 ยท 2015-04-07 08:11

I just recently purchased a case 1845c skid steer. When I put the machine into a load and it has resistance against it then the machine just stops. The engine doesn't lose rpms and it doesn't make any noises or spin tire. it's as if the hydraulics for the drives just bypass. It does the same thing on an incline in forward and reverse. Does this sound like an issue with the tandem drive pump model m91-46807r or the two pumps that go to the drive sprockets? Is there any way to make this determination or any adjustments I can make without using pressure gauges? The machine has 3200 hours

Replies3
  1. #1steve wherley2015-04-07 10:53

    drive system need to install gauge in plug that is located top drive pumps 300psi gauge charge psi about 250 and must remain close to that when operating travel. put machine against tree or loading dock about 10 percent drop good . your going to find drops a lot and need all hydros and motors rebuilt feel free to call me 952 4482429 steve

  2. #2rico74672015-04-07 10:58

    Your saying if it drops a lot I will need to rebuild the tandem pump and the two drive pumps? Do they all three tend to go at once?

  3. #3rico74672015-04-07 11:06

    Your saying if it drops a lot I will need to rebuild the tandem pump and the two drive pumps? Do they all three tend to go at once?