Have a 1845 c when going forward everything is in good working order, just recently have had some bad issues with reverse on left side. When applying pressure to both controls to go backwards the left side does not go into reverse for a couple of seconds -way behind the right side which has total touch control. Sometimes you can pull back to go into reverse a do it fast & hard & it will go in reverse ok, but it is getting worse & more delay & has sometimes just not move until working with it. Please help anyone.. thank you
I would start out by pulling the replenishing valve in the pump. This valve allows flow from the charge pump to to enter the piston pump and turns that port from the outlet to the inlet when the swash plate is reversed. My best guess is that the valve is sticking and takes time to shift. Just a guess.
would that be in the main pump or are we talking about the drive motor for that side (left) could you explain where that part is? Thanks for any input
Do you have mechanical linkage controlling the pumps or servos?
yes , I tried adjusting the linkage on the left side. what is happening is when applying pressure to the left side to go into reverse you have to go a good 2" before it will move & when it moves it moves suddenly not like the other side (right) you can apply light pressure and get a smooth response. let me ask you another question; at your feet with this machine there is a piece of angle iron that is hooked up to a valve with hydraulic hoses coming off it, I have no owners manual and this is something I do not know what it is.
That's what controls the auxilliary hydraulics pelican007.
ok Thank you, when I push this lever down or up all the way under the pump on the left side oil shoots out under high pressure. could you tell me what is causing this. Thank you
anyone ever have an issue with the spools in the servos? the reverse is working good today but will get jumpy after unit gets hot. could the filter (hydraulic) have anything to do with it?
Yes, say if you had a hyd. powered broom or other attachment. I think you will see a couple quick couplers on one side of the boom, probably the left side as you a sitting in the seat.
Where is this oil coming out? The oil from the valve under the floor goes to the rear of the machine by hoses then connects to two steel lines up the left rear corner then two more hoses to the steel pipes down the left side of boom. Could be one of these hoses is bad or someone never hooked them up.
Pelican007, Have you checked out this site: http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr57482 Complete parts breakdown on your 1845C.
the oil is coming out somewhere below the drive motor (left side) only when you engage the auxiliary hydraulics
I have taken out the spools from the two pumps & exchanged them - no difference. it seems that if you are pushing something hard forward & then ask to go in reverse you almost do not get anything. ie sometimes will not even move, but can get machine to go by releasing & moving controls rapidly in reverse & will go .. put new hydraulic filter in yesterday.
have also taken out relief valves & switched them around no difference ;; just purchased 5000 lb gauge that was going to check pressures' not sure where to check yet.
Here you go pelican, below are the test procedures for the 1845C. Are you sure of the reliefs you swapped & what they were for? It does sound like a bad relief.....
Alrman; Thanks for the info, I have tried to open the files you sent but it is not letting me get to it. will keep trying. I am pretty sure they are lo9cated on the sides & have a square nut t the end, is there an adjustment I could do to them, I noticed they had a screw at end ? I just changed them out to the other side.
Did you save the files to your computer pelican007, then try to open them? They are in Microsoft Word Office format, If you don't have the proper document reader program you may not be able to open them. If so, you could download Open Office for free and open the files. http://freedownloads.us.com/lp/openoffice/suite/index.php?pk=905465&s=google
Alrman: Thanks for the info. Tried to open the files but they will not come through. is there any chance you could send them through another site or paste them different. As for the relief valve I am pretty sure that they are located on the sides & have a square nut at the end. I swapped them to the other side. & changed out the spools to the other pump (left to right) I can keep the machine going but there are times that it seems like it does not want to go. It will not go smooth like the right side ( more sudden) and you have to move the left control about two inches further before it will grab.
files attached Alrman: Thanks for the info. Tried to open the files but they will not come through. is there any chance you could send them through another site or paste them different. As for the relief valve I am pretty sure that they are located on the sides & have a square nut at the end. I swapped them to the other side. & changed out the spools to the other pump (left to right) I can keep the machine going but there are times that it seems like it does not want to go. It will not go smooth like the right side ( more sudden) and you have to move the left control about two inches further before it will grab
pelican007, do you have your current email on you HEF membership profile? If so, alrman can email you the documents. If not, send him a Private Message with the email address you prefer and he can send you the documents.
[email protected] Thank you
Well, alrman will see your email link and will likely respond. I'm not fond of having email addy's on the board for all the world to see. Once you two get this sorted out I'll remove your email link from the post.
I thank you very much for any help you can share. This has been an issue that I am not getting any lead way to fixing . But I will do all that I can & any advice you can spare Thanks again!
alrman is the one for help as he's a Case tech, I'm not. Just follow his lead.
I've been out of the office pelican - try PDF format - may help others in future as well The reliefs are hexagonal plugs on the sides - you will need to swap either LH fwd & rev & see if the problem then moves to fwd. OR LH rev & RH rev & see if it swaps sides.
The PDF files are awesome alrman, opened them just fine. Let us know if you can open those files pelican so I can remove your email address at post #21.
Willie59 & Alrman: All went well opened files up & copied. Will try all these areas tomorrow. Will keep you updated Thanks very much for the help.
tried all the adjustments, have not tested the pressure I have a 5000lb gauge & I am going to try to get a 6000lb gauge tomorrow 'have check the orifice it was clean check all relief valves still same response.