I am looking for the quick attach pins and springs, etc for a Case 1845? Anybody have a parts machine laying around that I could get this from? Looks like the previous owner removed quick attach and just welded the bucket to the loader arms. I’ve seen kits online but they are really expensive. Let me know what you have. Thanks!
Might be a good time to simply convert to the universal standard.
1845c used at least 3 different quick attaches over the years. The first 2 styles are complete junk and don't work well. Probably why your bucket is welded on. It was the only way to keep them on on the early one. I had one of the early one and looked at buying a complete replacement quick attach. That is the easiest route and cost a bit of $$. I ended up designing and custom fabricating my own front end. Copied the design of newer machine. I was night and day difference in how well it work. If you do look for a used quick attach, don't get one of the older ones.
Yep I’ve read about the older ones. I’m leaning towards just making my own. Might try to steal some parts off of another machine for the pins and springs. Do you happen to have a picture of what you came up with?
I had the very early style with what they called inline handles. They flip back to front, not sideways. They sucked for several reasons. Most of the time they jammed. Even when they worked, if the boom was all the way down with the bucket flat, you still couldn't unlock them because the handles would hit the boom. I fixed them so they worked, but they still hit the boom. I just lived with that. Here's some pics of the original handles.
Doesn't look like much, but moving the pivot point and eliminating the linkage made a massive difference. Here's a before/after pic & one of the redesigned handles.
Thanks. That doesnt look to terribly hard to make. Definitely worth a shot considering the prices they are asking for weld on quick attach plates. It will have the grapple on it 90% of the time so it doesnt have to be the best thing in the world.
I make a jig to apply plates to the back of your existing bucket. just flat steel pieces. FWIW, my bobcat (old 642) i have lubed the pins a bunch and still they work hard at some times. My JD 240, never a problem, they doo not have a square pin come down, rather a semicircle forging, that swings down. Seems to go in and wipe out any dirt compacted into the bucket's pin hole.
Yeah the bucket already has the quick attach tabs so I just need to cut off the welds