Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845C Quick Attach Coupler Lever Stuck

deehwrd ยท 2025-07-17 13:11

Hi all, this is my first post so I hope I describe this properly. Our family's 1845C's lever (rod with a ball on top to the right and back of the operator seat) that controls the quick attach coupler pins is stuck in the up position. Since it won't move we can't change buckets. I took off the panel and can see that it connects to a spool valve (Image below) (I referred to a diagram as well). It won't move, no matter if the unit is running or not. Our mechanic can take a look at it in a few days, but I'm wondering is there anything else I can check to possibly get this valve unstuck and get this machine back online? Thanks for any suggestions. -D

Replies5
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-07-18 09:21

    I would start by thoroughly cleaning around the valve and especially the bucket pins and the area around the cylinders. Dirt, gravel and everything else, loves to get in the crevices.

  2. #2deehwrd2025-07-20 18:32

    Thanks, Harley, I'll get those areas cleaned up, it'll at least give the mechanic a head start. Thanks for your comment! -D

  3. #3Welder Dave2025-07-21 19:39

    All the grass in there is a BIG fire risk! There are certain models of Cat skid steers known for going up in smoke because they fill with crap from using mulchers. I'm sure other brands as well. You're not using a mulcher but it is still a fire risk if the belly and insides of the machine are full of grass, leaves, twigs and other readily flammable materials. Add a little oil from leaks or weeping and you could have an inferno.

  4. #4stefuel2025-07-22 12:24

    I wasn't aware these older Case machines had anything but manual quick connect. My 1840 pins were rusted frozen in place. I had to beat the snot out of them to get my bucket off. I took everything apart, cleaned and greased everything.

  5. #5bad Tom2025-07-22 17:48

    It looks like you could get it in 1990. This is news to me too.