Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845c quick attach handles won’t stay open…

climb.on · 2020-06-12 14:42

Been have issues with the quick attach staying up on my 2000 Case 1845c. I just lubed it up real well and the thing just falls down enough where I can’t disconnect the attachment. It will snap down, lock and stay locked nicely as it should. Here’s a video of what is happening: In the video, I lift the handle and gravity makes it fall back down. I can push it further to snap it all the way down and lock in place. I just can’t seem to figure out which parts would be worn out here. Replacing them all is $380 for aftermarket parts and over $700 for dealer parts. Hell just the springs are $80, so I want to be reasonably sure that I’m replacing parts that will fix the problem and not just guessing.

Replies5
  1. #1Ed ke6bnl2020-06-12 15:35

    On my 1840 the latch seems to goes much further and over center. Can you continue to push the lever further. Those smaller springs should collapse some

  2. #2climb.on2020-06-12 16:03

    Ok that’s interesting, I’ll look and see if there’s a way to get the handles to go up more. If I can get them past vertical, that would do it.

  3. #3hosspuller2020-06-12 18:02

    Get a rubber strap to hold the handle up. Or, tighten the friction spring on the handle pivot.

  4. #4Ed ke6bnl2020-06-12 19:23

    When I first got my 1840 I could not get one down and it was full of junk I cleaned and greased it and it works now. also carry a small tube to put over the bars for a little additional leverage to get the bar down on occassion.

  5. #5Zipp02022-05-16 08:45

    Solved! I had the same problem and messed around with cleaning and greasing etc - no fix... I was using tarp straps to hold the handles up (less than optimal) I bought a replacement set from ebay ($150 each or so) As I tinkered - I tried to see if I could get away with just new springs.. nope - everything is worn out - I pretty much replaced all the bits and everything works! Phew