Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1845c skidsteer instument panel lights and buzzer

Hardknockers · 2023-05-07 21:44

The buzzer and the lights on the instrument panel will not shut off when doing its system check, even when the machine is running. Usually the lights and the buzzer go off after a few seconds of running, but not any more. The machine starts and did run good while this problem was occurring and buzzer and lights still would not shut off. I have since taking out the instrument panel to look for anything obvious. I pull the connector off and then reinstalled. Now the machine will not crank but the lights and buzzer are still on and the issue still remains. I am at a loss trying to pin point the problem. So far I have disconnected the battery connections, cleaned and reinstalled. I also check voltage at the battery, 12v not running and 14.4 running. So that tells me the alternator is good. I checked the 25 amp fuse under the seat, it is good. Visually checked for cracked or rubbed raw wiring, didn't see anything of the sort. All fluids are good. It is a older machine with the brown ROPS, serial number is missing so I cant produce that info... Can anybody give me some insight of what could be wrong?....thank you so much

Replies7
  1. #1thendrix2023-05-08 12:36

    How old is your battery? Proof that the charging system works may not necessarily mean the battery is ok. I've got an 1845 and the electronics can be a bit of a bear. I haven't experienced your issues but I would say check, clean, and recheck the connections behind your cab and see if anything changes. Grounds as well

  2. #2Hardknockers2023-05-08 13:29

    It’s got a Interstate battery, less than 3 yrs old. Still checking wires and grounds. Have not come across anything out of the norm yet... would a ignition switch cause these symptoms?

  3. #3thendrix2023-05-08 14:08

    The most common issue I know of in these ignition systems are the relays. That usually causes a hard start/no start like a dead battery. Whether or not it would cause the issues you're describing I don't know. I'm thinking my machine is a bit newer than yours so that might make a difference. I believe mine is a 2000. The relay on mine plugs into the back of the instrument panel. When I replaced mine, the old one came out in pieces so be careful

  4. #4alrman2023-05-08 20:58

    There is a relay located behind the dash - this has to do with charging & also earthing the dash - you never know your luck! If that doesn't fix it, I would be thinking the issue is inside the dash.... Re now not starting - under the seat is the main connectors to the engine - they are often corroded.

  5. #5Hardknockers2023-05-11 21:04

    Thank you alram...I did find a corroded connector, and am able to start the machine now. However, the issue with the buzzer and instrument panel still remains...To me, I would think the instrument panel is OK, since the buzzer and lights come on. I did notice, the system check light does not light up now which did before ( green light)...I also found 2 wires rubbed raw, (which i repaired) and a yellow single wire in it's own loom, that looks like its been yanked off of somewhere. it was up by the front wheel drive servo on the right side. I dont see where it would connect. every wire that snakes up to the instrument panel is in one loom, so I doesn't seem logical this yellow wire belongs up there, but I dont see where it could go...any ideas?

  6. #6alrman2023-05-11 22:44

    Can you post a picture of this?

  7. #7heymccall2023-05-11 23:13

    On all 4 1845C here, I've had to replace the harness connectors that allow the cab to slide forward for service. I used deutsch connectors rather than the crap trailer plug types they used. Unplug and reconnect each one of the three, making certain that they're fully seated.