On my 1845C, the hydraulics what to surge, kind of jerky almost. Can really feel it through the handles for the bucket. What can cause this?
Did this just start? Has it been doing OK and then start acting jerky. Check hydraulic level, have you had to add alot of fluid? check filters, make sure you change all of them With the bucket loaded, will it hold the weight, without tilting? if it tilts or drops, it might be a cylinder by-passing do everything else work OK
Hard to say when it started. Has plenty of fluid, just flushed it and changed the filter yesterday, didnt help much. Everything works fine, hydraulics just kind of get soft for a split second and then they firm up again. When I am backing up fast is when i notice it more i think. Machine kind of speeds up and slows down. Everything tends to soften up at the same time then comes back right away. Hold weight just fine and all sorts of hydraulic power, doesn't seep at all. One thing that does concern me is last winter while feeding cows I let it idle for 10 minutes while I fed a load of feed and come back. The hydrualic filter had loosened up and dumped all the oil out of the machine in that amount of time. I kind of feel this is when the problems started. It doesnt get used at all in the summer time, winter only. Could it be a charge charge pump on the machine is not feeding everything when in a high flow situation.
Sounds like, you might have a pump problem, being you might have ran it dry. Are you sure the gasket is good in the loose filter? if its sucking air through the gasket, it might do the same thing. Before you start changing a bunch of parts, I would get a techanican to check the pressures, yes they are expensive, but so are parts changing Good Luck
Changed the filter twice since then, so I don't think that is a problem. Thanks for help.
The hydraulic filter on this machine is on the return side so it can't suck air in that way it will only leak oil oil if the seal is not seated. Check the suction hose on the hydraulic pump and make sure the clamps and fittings are all tight and the hose and tube are not leaking letting air get into the suction side. Does the problem seem to be in the loader and bucket fuctions, the drive fuctions or both? they are 2 separate systems.
Seems to be in both, and the same time it happens. Control handles will soften up a bet and machine will slow down at the same time. Then everything comes back agian. My question is, the pump on the back of the machine, what is the configuration of the pumps on this machine? The pump on the back of the machine, is it a charge pump that feeds the travel pumps? Does that one also supply pressure for bucket control or is there yet another pump for that? I have a service manual on the way now, should be here shortly. But maybe you guys can set me on the right cousre in the mean time.
The pump on the rear of the machine is the equipment pump which runs the loader, bucket and auxillaries only. The pumps under the seat are your left and right travel. The charge pump for the travel pumps is between the travel pumps. The problem you are have is not one I have ever heard of at least in that wording. Where the problem affects both systems at the same time and then it comes out of the problem on both systems at the same time is odd. Is the engine staying at a constant speed through the problem or is it dropping and the raising rpms?The only other thing I can think of that would affect both systems like this would be if the cab mounting bolts were loose is gone and letting the cab move forward and back. Since one end of the travel and loader controls are on the cab and the other end is hooked the the pumpand valve which are on the main frame, any movement of the cab will make some wild things happen like this
Here's a rebuilt pump I'm keeping an eye on for when and if I ever need one for my 1845c. My local dealer quoted me around 3500.00 for their version. http://www.loaderpartssource.com/case-parts/1845c-tandem-drive-pump-rebuilt-exchange.html
Peter Hi -- would anyone following this thread know where I can find a reasonably priced service manual for a Case 1845C? The ones I have found online are all up in the $150-250 range.. ouch! I'm not actually responding to any request in this thread.. I'm a new member just doing my three required posts so I can start a new thread with my above request.. thanks!
Did you put in motor oil and use the additve that case recommends. This is not suppose to aerate.
1845C troubles I would have to agree that maybe the cab is moving for both systems to be effected. I dont know much about them but it makes sence. I would get some gauges and check pressures. I am having troubles with teh right side of my machine not working (running) as fast as the left side any help? Dont mean to hijack your thread I am just new here and cant post my own.
do you have a sump filter coming out of the hydraulic, or inside the tank it could be plugged, also, i had one once that had water in the bottom of the tank and it froze and blocked the filter screen. . But where all your pumps seem to have a flow problem, I would stay in the area of the hydraulic tank flow problem